If your business is involved with supply chain management, you know how costly and time-consuming storage and distribution can be. If you handle these tasks yourself, there are some compelling reasons to consider outsourcing them. When you outsource pick and pack services to a trusted fulfillment warehouse, you give yourself lots of freedom to focus on more productive tasks. Let’s look at the ways a fulfillment service can make your business more efficient and profitable.
The Challenge of Pick and Pack
Due to the growing popularity of online shopping, the retail world has undergone immense changes in recent years. More people ordering products is good news for businesses, of course. However, all of this e-commerce traffic has created challenges as well. Until recently, retailers mainly shipped products to stores, where the majority of consumers made their purchases. Now, however, it’s increasingly likely that you have to ship directly to consumers. This is a lot more complicated and requires more sophisticated logistics. After all, it’s much simpler to ship 100 products to a store than to ship them to 100 individual consumers.
If you’re a small company with limited resources, operating your own pick and pack operation is difficult. It can even limit your growth as you lack the space, equipment and manpower to handle greater volume. The best solution to this dilemma is to use a fulfillment service so you don’t have to handle this process yourself.
What a Fulfillment Warehouse Does
If you currently handle your own fulfillment, outsourcing can save you lots of time and trouble. Here are some of the things that a pick and pack service can do for you.
- Storing inventory. Depending on your needs, you may need to store products for varying lengths of time.
- Assembly, folding, kitting. Some products may require special attention before they can be shipped.
- Processing and shipping. Packing, creating labels and invoices.
The specific tasks you require depend on your particular business, of course. Your storage needs depend on the size of your products, where your customers are located and whether products are perishable. The more shipping options your customers have, the more complicated it is for you to process and ship orders.
If your customers can order from third-party sites such as Amazon as well as directly from you, there’s more work involved in managing orders. Outsourcing all of these tasks can take a large load from you. In many cases, businesses offer limited options simply because they lack the resources to do more. Outsourcing pick and pack services lets you overcome such limitations.
Advantages of Outsourcing
There are several key advantages to outsourcing pick and pack fulfillment.
- You no longer have to deal with maintaining your own warehouse space. You avoid the hassles of renting a large space and hiring employees to manage it.
- Greater efficiency. When you outsource to a reliable company, you gain the advantage of their experience and expertise. You’ll probably find that orders are processed more quickly and accurately than you could do yourself.
- Save money on shipping. When you work with a company with a large warehouse, they usually get better shipping rates because they deal with high volume. You can pass these savings onto your customers, giving you an edge over the competition.
- Refocus your efforts. Without having to deal with storage, order fulfillment and logistics, you have more time to focus on the fundamentals of your business. You can now place your attention on market research, customer service, marketing and other essential tasks that help you grow.
- Scale your business. When you have access to more storage space and an efficient fulfillment process, it’s easier to handle larger volume.
How to Choose the Right Pick and Pack Service
Once you consider all the benefits of outsourcing fulfillment services, you must decide which company to work with. Here are some criteria to help you make the right choice.
- Services provided. Make sure you choose a company that has all the services that meet your needs. For example, if you have international customers, check to see if the company is set up to ship to other countries. If you need items assembled, you need a service that’s able to do this. If you get orders from multiple channels such as Amazon or eBay, you should also consider if the service is equipped to handle multichannel fulfillment.
- Pricing. You always have to consider prices before choosing any type of service. With fulfillment services, it can be a little complicated to calculate prices. Because services use different pricing models, you have to consider which is best for the types of products you ship. You also need to consider storage fees and costs associated with processing orders.
- Shipping policies. Shipping is a crucial aspect of a fulfillment service and has a huge impact on customer satisfaction. Does the company offer a guarantee on shipping? Do they provide shipping confirmation and provide tracking numbers? Remember that customers are now more demanding than ever about prompt shipping.
- Where are they located? Where are their warehouses? Consider if this is convenient based on where most of your customers are.
- What kind of support do they provide? You want to be sure that you can contact them easily with any questions or issues.
- Reputation. It’s always worthwhile to check out the reputation of a fulfillment company before working with them. Look for testimonials and customer reviews.
Brandables Fulfillment Warehouse
If you’re seeking to outsource fulfillment services, you may be interested in the services offered by Brandables.
- Complete fulfillment services, including receiving, inventory storage, order processing and shipping.
- Product assembly, folder stuffing and other tasks to make your products ready for use.
- Shipping throughout the U.S. as well as overseas.
- In addition to shipping your products, we offer a wide variety of promotional products you can offer your customers.
Outsourcing your pick and pack fulfillment services is one of the best decisions you can make for the health of your business. You’ll be able to handle orders more efficiently, provide better service to your customers and grow your business. Contact Brandables to find out how we can help your business solve its pick and pack challenges.