When you want branded garments or other custom promotional items, you have several choices. One of the most popular options for logos and other types of designs is custom branded embroidery. This method provides a high-quality look and durability. Let’s explore what custom embroidery is and how it can be used for creating promotional products.
What is Custom Branded Embroidery?
In contrast to methods such as screen printing or direct-to-garment printing (DTG printing), embroidery is a process in which a design is essentially sewn onto a garment, either manually or using a machine. There are several advantages to this approach. One advantage to embroidery is that you get high quality and professional appearance. Embroidered designs also last for a long time and aren’t subject to fading, as can be the case with other methods.
Embroidery is one of the oldest methods for decorating or customizing fabric and has been used for many centuries all over the world. Today, of course, we have access to technology that can automate many aspects of the process, making it much faster and more efficient. That said, the basic idea hasn’t changed all that much over the years.
Traditionally, embroidery has been a craft done by hand using a needle, and many people still enjoy creating designs this way. As you would imagine, however, this method isn’t very practical for commercial purposes. Nowadays, using an embroidery machine in conjunction with specialized software makes it possible to automate the process while still maintaining the distinctive look of traditional embroidery. For the most part, you upload a design into the program, and it directs the embroidery machine to produce the desired result onto the garment. In practical terms, this means that a job that may have taken several hours or even days in the past can be completed in literally just a few minutes.
Uses For Custom Embroidery
You can use custom embroidery for many branded or promotional products on which you want to display your company logo or any quality design. Products that work extremely well with embroidery are apparel and other items such as:
- Polo Shirts
- Caps and Hats
- Sweatshirts and Hoodies
- Bags and Backpacks
- And more!
If you want to create your own embroidered designs, you’ll need the right equipment and materials. You will need:
- The garment you want to add your embroidered design too.
- The embroidery design is in a format dictated by the type of software you are using. You can use your business logo, a tagline, or have a graphic designer create a custom design for you. If you want to create your own designs, you’ll also likely need design software that is capable of outputting high-resolution files, along with the know-how to use it.
- An embroidery machine. You can find machines in many styles and sizes, depending on your needs. The more needles and heads on the machine, the higher the volume of designs you can create.
- Thread in various colors to create your designs.
How the Process Works
Here are the main steps involved in the custom embroidery process.
- First, you create or outsource your design. When planning your design, you should consider the amount of detail and colors you want to include. If using your own design software, you’ll have to save the design in a format compatible with the embroidery machine as mentioned above.
- Depending on what kind of embroidery machine you are working with, you’ll need to select a variety of settings on the machine itself and load the thread spools. You’ll also need to configure the settings on your software that are required to direct the machine as to which threads and needles to use.
- Then you’ll set up the garments that are getting embroidered. Before embroidery can begin, fabrics need to be tightly stretched over frames or hoops that slot into the arms of the machine.
- Lastly, turn on the machine and let it do its work.
Why Choose Custom Embroidery?
Why would you select custom embroidery rather than another method of printing? There are several reasons to consider.
- It helps you set your brand apart. Embroidered designs have a professional, handcrafted look that’s difficult to achieve with other printing methods. If you want your customers, employees, fans, or anyone else to showcase your logo or design distinctively, embroidery is a great choice.
- It’s very flexible. Embroidered products allow you more flexibility than many alternatives. While you can use it on typical types of apparel such as t-shirts, you can also embroider many other items such as tote bags, towels, all kinds of hats, beach blankets, and many other products. You can also embroider on most types of fabric. For example, you can embroider on materials such as fleece and heavy cotton that aren’t suitable for other types of printing.
- Durable. Embroidered designs preserve their colors and integrity for a long time. While many designs fade over time or after repeated washings, embroidering maintains its vibrant look. This makes it a good choice if you’re thinking long-term and want your logo on display for years to come.
Is There a Downside to Embroidery?
While embroidery is great for many purposes, it’s not always ideal. For example, if you’re on a tight budget and/or need to produce a high volume of branded products, embroidery usually isn’t the cheapest solution. It’s also not suitable for extremely complex or intricate designs. For example, designs with very small lettering may not display clearly once embroidered into the fabric.
Is Custom Branded Embroidery The Right Choice For Your Project?
Custom branded embroidery is certainly worth considering if you’re looking for an effective way to promote your brand. It’s one of the best ways to showcase your logo or other designs in a way that’s memorable, professional, and long-lasting. If you decide that you want to enjoy the benefits of embroidered items, you can either obtain the necessary knowledge, machinery and software or let us use our top-notch equipment and expertise to create your custom embroidered products for you.