The look and style of your trade show display makes a big difference to your results. A trade show can be a busy and hectic environment. Attention spans are short, as people are flooded with displays everywhere they look. You need to create a setup that’s eye-catching, relevant, and well targeted to your audience. Well, the experts at Brandables are happy to offer you some trade show display tips to help you figure out what best fits your needs. No matter what you need, we have a ton of great trade show booth products.
Both banners and backdrops can be useful for trade show displays. Each has its advantages. When planning your display, you need to carefully consider all your options. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of both banners and backdrops.
Trade Show Banners
Banners are one of the most popular types of trade show display. Here are some of your top choices for banners.
- X-Frame Banners
- Modular Banner Displays
- Fabric Banners
- Adjustable Banners
There are several key advantages to having professionally designed banners as part of your display.
- Flexible and versatile. There are many types and sizes of banners with many options to suit any presentation or purpose.
- Lightweight and portable. Banners are extremely lightweight and easy to move. You can fold them up and place them in a carrying case. If you prefer to travel light to a trade show, banners are a convenient choice.
- Easy to set up. Banners are generally quite simple and fast to set up.
There are also some potential drawbacks to banners.
- Banners may not be enough to make you stand out.
- Banners need to be placed in just the right location to attract the most attention. Lighting at the trade show also makes a difference. If you don’t position them perfectly, they may not have the effect you want.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Banners
- Make sure your banners are easy to read. Artistic fonts or complex graphics may be attractive, but they make your banner harder to understand. Make sure the message is clear and easy to absorb at a glance.
- Avoid clutter. Give your banner enough space that attendees can take it in. If there are other banners or elements too close, it will lessen the impact.
- Identify the ideal positioning for your banner. Find the location where it will have the greatest visibility. Consider lighting, height and the likely flow of traffic during the trade show.
Backdrops are another popular and effective type of trade show display. These also come in many forms and styles. A backdrop serves a similar function as scenery in a stage play. It helps to brand your booth and provide an instant introduction to your products. There are many types of backdrops to choose from. These include:
- Hanging Fabric backdrops
- Pop-up displays
- Zip stands
- Jumbo frames
- Lots and lots of choices! There are numerous types of backdrop that can enhance your presence at a trade show. You can choose the look, size, and fabric that suits your needs.
- Transforms the space to meet your needs. A strong backdrop creates an immersive experience for your tradeshow booth which can be quite impressive.
- Take effort to set up. Trade show backdrops are designed to be portable and easy to set up. Nevertheless, they generally require more effort and assembly than banners.
- Take up more space. Even the most lightweight backdrops take up more room than a banner that can be simply rolled or folded up and as such, cost more to ship.
Tips for Getting the Most From Backdrops
Here are some guidelines to help you get the maximum results from trade show backdrops.
- Choose high-quality, durable backdrops. You want your display to have a professional look. You may also want to reuse the backdrop. Certain types of backdrop such as zip stands tend to be durable while still lightweight.
- Use design and colors that match your brand. While you want your backdrop to capture attention, it also must be relevant and consistent with your brand. Your objective is to attract the most targeted audience.
- Consider setup. Find a display that’s easy to set up. Practice it before the trade show so you can do it quickly on the day of the event.
Banners or Backdrops: Final Verdict
Trade show displays are crucial for attracting visitors to your booth and conveying your intended message. Both banners and backdrops, as we’ve seen, have their advantages. It really depends on your needs and preferences. In some cases, you might even use both.
There are also choices that are sort of banner-backdrop hybrids. A hanging fabric backdrop, for example, can often be hung from frames provided by the trade show and is similar to a banner. Modular display and X-frame banners, meanwhile, have an effect similar to backdrops. Here are some additional tips to keep in mind when choosing your display.
- If you want to travel as light as possible, banners are a good choice.
- Backdrops give you a greater ability to create an immersive environment for your booth.
Whether you use banners and/or backdrops, be sure to research the space so you choose displays of the appropriate size.
- Always stay on-brand with colors, styles, fonts, logos and images. Attracting attention is important but you want to catch people’s eyes for the right reasons.
Whether you use trade show banners, backdrops or some combination of the two, your main goal should be to turn your trade show area into an appealing space for visitors. It’s also important to differentiate yourself from the competition. Consider what makes your brand unique and make sure this is reflected in all your displays.