If you’re looking for an effective way to build your brand and engage with your customers, one of the best strategies is to give away custom promotional products. These serve as a constant reminder of your business and help you stay fresh in the minds of your customers and prospects. However, to get the most of this strategy it’s essential to work with the right promotional company. There are currently many companies that create promotional products. How do you choose the right one? This is an important decision and one that has a big impact on your results.
How a Promotional Products Company Helps Your Business
Promotional products are a time-tested way to build your brand, attract new customers, and help people remember you. There are a wide variety of products that are used for this purpose, including pens, t-shirts and other clothing, tote bags, golf equipment, coffee mugs, phone chargers, all kinds of sports swag, water bottles and many other items. Here are some of the benefits of promotional products.
- Display your logo far and wide. However people obtain your products, they now have an item with your logo on it. Whether they’re wearing it, carrying it around or displaying it on their desk, your brand name is now visible to lots of people.
- Helps you build relationships with customers. Everyone enjoys receiving free items. Giving someone a gift doesn’t automatically mean he or she will become your customer, of course. However, it does create a positive feeling that can translate into sales at some point.
- Get people’s attention at events. Custom promotional products are useful for getting noticed at trade shows and other live events. Some companies hand out products at malls, on busy city streets, at fairs, flea markets and other places where there are lots of people.
- You have an almost limitless choice of products. While promotional products have been around for a very long time, the specific items that are commonly offered changes over time. The great thing about this strategy is that it’s highly adaptable. You can stick to tried-and-true products or you can offer new ones that reflect current tastes and trends.
- Longstanding benefits. With most forms of advertising, the effects are limited in scope. Someone usually sees an ad once, at most. With promotional products, however, there’s the potential for wider and long-term publicity. When you give someone an item, he or she might give it away or place it somewhere visible for years.
These are some of the leading benefits of promotional products. Because this is such a powerful marketing strategy, there are many companies that create such products. It takes some research to choose the one that’s best for your needs.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Products and the Right Company
Promotional products are one of the best ways to build your brand. However, with so many businesses using this method the field is quite competitive. That’s why it’s crucial to choose a company that’s trustworthy and creates products that are right for your needs. If the products are shoddy or unappealing, it will send the wrong message to your customers and prospects. You also need a company that’s prompt and reliable about sending you products when you need them. Ideally, you find a company that becomes your partner and helps you build your brand with custom promotional products.
What to Look For in a Promotional Products Company
Everyone tells you that they’re the best. If you want to find the ideal partnership, however, you have to dig a little deeper and look into the company. Let’s look at some of the criteria to use to help you make the best choice.
- How long have they been in business? This is a good place to start when researching promotional companies. Just because someone has a long history doesn’t mean they’re perfect. However, it does mean they have experience and a certain reputation in the field. It’s also more likely that they’ll still be around in the future. With newcomers, there’s always the risk that the business will fold, taking your money and products with them!
- Make sure it’s the right fit. When working with another business, a great deal comes down to intangibles such as how comfortable you feel with the people you talk to. Business is about relationships as well as products and services. When you talk to the company’s representative on the phone, in person or via email, do you feel he or she is really listening to your concerns? It’s important to work with a company where you feel comfortable and in harmony with their values and way of doing business.
- Do they help you come up with great ideas? A good promotional company doesn’t simply pitch its products. They consider your needs and, based on their experience and industry knowledge, make suggestions. This is particularly helpful if you’re new to promotional products. A good company can advise you and become your partner in creating a profitable strategy based on products.
- Don’t base your decision solely on prices. You naturally have to consider the cost of any business transaction. However, you also have to remember the adage that you get what you pay for. When comparing promotional products and the companies that create them, what you’re really looking for is value. Cheap prices are alluring but if you end up with sub-par products, you can harm your business’s reputation. Compare prices but also look at the big picture. Consider the company’s reputation, the quality of their products and whether they’ll make a suitable partner in your branding strategy.
- Do they have fulfillment warehouse services? This can be a huge deal for your organization if you do not have the space or the resources to manage your inventory.
Even in the digital age, promotional products remain a powerful way to build your brand and create longstanding relationships with customers. In some ways, physical products are more valuable now than ever. People appreciate receiving tangible items that they can hold, wear, use, and carry around. If you want to reap the many benefits of this strategy, make sure you choose the right company to work with. Learn more about how Brandables has become a leading promotional product supplier.